Utilizing the extensive resources available to Payne®, a new standard of excellence has been achieved with the model PG95XAT. The model is a unique 4-way multipoise condensing furnace with features like no other product in its class including two heating stages and a highly efficient ECM Blower Motor. The PG95XAT builds on the many Payne successes in the furnace industry and establishes a new standard for all high-efficiency gas furnaces.STANDARD FEATURES
FEATURES AND BENEFITSAdvanced Heat Staging
- Heating efficiency of 95.5% AFUE.
- Two heating stages.
- Highly efficient ECM blower motor.
- Humidity control when paired with a compatible condensing unit and using a humidity sensing thermostat.
- Adjustable constant fan speed from a compatible thermostat.
- LED diagnostics and self test feature.
- Stores fault codes during power outages.
- Adjustable heating air temperature rise.
- Dehumidification terminals on control board.
- Hot surface ignition.
- Dual fuel compatible.
- Two-speed inducer motor.
- This furnace promotes homeowner comfort through two stages of heating by offering a patented algorithm that continually monitors and adjusts furnace operation. By looking at both current and past conditions to determine the most effective stage of heating and the amount of time to run each stage, every cycle the furnace confidently meets the homeowner comfort demands each and every time.Advanced Dehumidification
- When paired with a compatible thermostat, this dehumidification feature overrides the cooling blower off-delay when there is a call for dehumidification. By deactivating the blower off-delay, this feature prevents condensate that remains on the coil after a dehumidification cycle from
re-humidifying throughout the home. This results in reduced humidity and a more comfortable indoor environment for the homeowner.
Unlike competitive systems, this feature only overrides the cooling blower off delay when humidity control is needed. Once humidity is back in control, the energy-saving cooling blower off-delay is re-enabled.Adjustable Fan Speeds
- Constant fan setting on a standard furnace system can sometimes actually reduce homeowner comfort by providing too much or too little air! This feature improves comfort all year long by allowing the homeowner to select the continuous fan speed of their choice using a compatible thermostat.HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System Compatible
- This system can provide more control over your monthly energy bills by automatically selecting the most economical method of heating. With HYBRID HEAT components, our system automatically switches between the gas furnace and the electric heat pump as outside temperatures change to maintain greater efficiency and comfort than with any traditional single-source heating system. The heat pump also delivers high-efficiency cooling in the summer.Robust Igniter
- Payne’s unique SiN igniter is not only physically robust but it is also electrically robust. It is capable of running at line voltage and does not require complex voltage regulators as do other brands. This unique feature further enhances the gas furnace reliability and continues Payne’s tradition of
technology leadership and innovation in providing a reliable and durable product.ECM Blower Motor
- Our ECM, or electronically commutated motor, can provide an efficiency enhancement for select Payne air conditioner or heat pump systems. It uses less electrical power than its PSC counterpart and also has a wider range of speedsReliable Heat Exchanger Design
- The aluminized steel, clam shell primary heat exchanger was re--engineered to achieve greater efficiency out of a smaller size. The first two passes of the heat exchanger are based on the current 80% product, a design with more than ten years of field-proven performance and success. These innovations, paired with the continuation of a crimped, no-weld seam create an efficient, robust design for this essential component.
The condensing heat exchanger, a stainless steel fin and tube design, is positioned in the furnace to extract additional heat. Stainless steel coupling box componentry between heat exchangers has exceptional corrosion resistance in both natural gas and propane applications.4-Way Multipoise Design
- One model for all applications - there is no need to stock special downflow or horizontal models when one unit will do it all. The new heat exchanger design allows these units to achieve the certified AFUE in all positions.Direct or Single-pipe Venting, or Optional Ventilated Combustion Air
- This furnace can be installed as a 2-pipe (Direct Vent) furnace, in an optional ventilated combustion air application, or in single-pipe, non-direct vent applications. This provides added flexibility to meet diverse installation needs.Sealed Combustion System
- This furnace brings in combustion air from outside the furnace, which results in especially quiet operation. By sealing the entire combustion vestibule, the entire furnace can be made quieter, not just the burners.Insulated Casing
- Foil-faced insulation in heat exchanger section of the casing minimizes heat loss. The acoustical insulation in the blower compartment reduces air and motor noise for quiet operation.Monoport Burners
- The burners are specially designed and finely tuned for smooth, quiet combustion and economical operation.Bottom Closure
- Factory-installed for side return; easily removable for bottom return. The multi-use bottom closure can also serve for roll-out protection in horizontal applications, and act as the bottom closure for the optional return air base accessory.Blower Access Panel Switch
- Automatically shuts off 115-v power to furnace whenever blower access panel is opened.Quality Registration
- Our furnaces are engineered and manufactured under an ISO 9001 registered quality system.Certifications
- This furnace is CSA (AGA and CGA) design certified for use with natural and propane gases. The furnace is factory-shipped for use with natural gas. A CSA listed gas conversion kit is required to convert furnace for use with propane gas. The efficiency is GAMA efficiency rating certified. This
furnace meets California Air Quality Management District emission requirements.
Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. P65Warnings.ca.gov